Sunday, June 19, 2011

The beginnings of something wonderful

On the left we have an axle plate locating block and on the right is the neck angle locating block for a frame jig that we are working on. Jared has already welded up the table but it warped pretty bad. So we need to straighten it and machine the top surface so everything will line up nice and purdy. I can't believe that it warped like it did. Master Massic was even applying the heat evenly as to not warp the crap out of it.

I can't wait to get it done! It'll flat out kick ass being able to weld up our own frames on a nice, symmetrical frame jig.

3 comments:

Massic Effect said...

Sick, I'm going to the Depot tomorrow morning to buy bolts and caster and what not.

BK said...

Cool! I hope to have the bed straightened up tomorrow. Then it'll be ready for machining.

Massic Effect said...

Well you just answered my text here. I'll get some 3/4-16 all thread and some 3/4 solid bar if I can too.